Session Selector: A New Session Proposal Process
Session Selector is a new process created for potential presenters. In this process, presenters submit proposals for sessions, and then attendees review and provide feedback as to which sessions they’re interested in attending at this year’s event.
Session Selector is now closed for session submissions and voting. Thank you for helping create the ultimate program this year.
- Your organization's contact information
- Session title and topic
- Session description and objectives; be sure to include:
- Learning Outcomes: What do you hope participants will learn in your session?
- Session Methodology: What should participants experience?
- Session Content Overview: What will you cover in the session?
- Session Description: Create by blending Methodology and Session Content overview. This will be used for the program.
- Comments: If there is any other information you would like to provide such as more than four presenters, resources, a video, visual aids, or if you submitted an incomplete session proposal before, please include that information in the comments section.
Once you are done, submit your application for review.
After attendees vote on the sessions, TASA/TASB will evaluate the proposals based on the following criteria:
- How well the title, description, and learning objectives align with each other
- How likely it is that the format and delivery methods selected will allow participants to achieve the stated learning objectives, including audience engagement appropriate to the objectives
- Presenter(s)’ knowledge in the topic area
- How likely conference participants will attend or recommend someone attend the session
The following standard requirements also apply:
- Session applications must be completed online; no hard-copy or e-mailed submissions will be accepted.
- Applications will be accepted through 11:59 p.m. Friday, March 1.
- Session formats are either one hour or 30 minutes in length.
- No more than three applications per school district or organization will be eligible for consideration.
- Vendors must present alongside a school district representative to be considered for the program.
- Sales presentations will NOT be accepted.
- All presenters (main and co-presenters) must register and pay the appropriate fee to attend Convention.
- TASB/TASB will not contact co-presenters. It is the main presenter’s responsibility to relay all session guidelines and information to the co-presenters. Up to three co-presenters may be designated and published in the program.
- Submission of an application does not guarantee selection. Notification of acceptance/rejection of applications will be e-mailed by June 30.
- If selected, presenters must register to attend the TASA/TASB Convention.
Please view additional details on the Presenter Agreement page.
If you have questions, contact Brandon Core, TASA, at bcore@TASAnet.org or 512.477.6361.
January 15–March 1: Session Selector open for proposals
March 15–31: Session Selector attendee voting
June 30: Notification of session decisions and next steps