Session Selector is closed and no longer accepting applications for 2021. Check back April 1, 2022 to submit an application for txEDCON22.
Session Selector is the tool potential presenters must use to submit applications to present at txEDCON21. It also provides a way for board members, superintendents, and administrators to review the applications submitted and to share their feedback on which topics are of interest this year.
- April 1–April 30
Session Selector is open for submissions
- May 10–25
Voting is open.
An invitation to share feedback will be emailed to board members, superintendents, and administrators before these dates.
- July 15
Presenters receive notification of session decisions and next steps.
- Applications are accepted online only.
- Sessions are one (1) hour in length.
- No more than three (3) applications per school district or organization will be eligible for consideration.
- Sales presentations will NOT be accepted.
- All sessions regarding legal topics must include at least one licensed attorney in the presenting group; preference will be given to presenters who are members of the TASB Council of School Attorneys (CSA).
- All presenters (main and co-presenters) must register and pay the appropriate fee to attend Convention.
- TASA | TASB will not contact co-presenters, it is the main presenter’s responsibility to relay all session guidelines and information to the co-presenters; up to three co-presenters may be designated and published in the program
- Open Discussion
- Advocacy and Community Engagement
- Accountability Systems; Strategic Planning and Future-Ready Pathways
- School Finance, Operations Leadership, and Facility Design
- District Culture and Governance Team Development
- Policy and Legal
- Student and Staff Safety and Wellness
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
View definitions and examples.
After attendees vote on the sessions, TASA | TASB will evaluate the proposals based on the following criteria:
- How well the title, description, and learning objectives align with each other.
- How likely it is that the format and delivery methods selected will allow participants to achieve the stated learning objectives, including audience engagement appropriate to the objectives.
- Presenter(s)' knowledge in the topic area.
- How likely conference participants will attend or recommend someone attend the session.
Please view additional details on the Presenter Agreement page.
Submission of an application does not guarantee selection. Notification of acceptance/rejection of applications will be e-mailed by mid-July.
If you have questions, contact Eric Simpson at TASA by emailing email@example.com or calling 512.477.6361.