Everyone’s health and safety is our top priority and we ask that attendees follow local health authority requirements and guidelines in place at the time of the event.
Here, you will find out what we're doing — and what you can do — to protect all attendees. We understand that guidelines are changing rapidly and will make every effort to keep this page updated as new information arises.
We strongly recommend that all attendees be fully vaccinated prior to attending. Vaccines not only help stop the spread; they have also proved incredibly effective in virtually eliminating the most serious COVID health risks for most people.
Attendees, exhibitors, and service providers must comply with any and all safety protocols required by the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center (KBHCC) and host hotels. Additionally, TASA|TASB requests that everyone complies with CDC guidelines, including the following:
- Wear masks while in the presence of others.
- Maintain physical distance as recommended by CDC guidelines based on your risk level. Wash hands frequently and minimize touch-point contact.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
TASA | TASB will undertake the following safety measures:
- Public areas will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the convention center.
- Personal-sized hand sanitizer will be available on-site.
- Sanitizing wipes will be available in meeting rooms.
- Plexiglass shields will be positioned at registration to create a barrier between staff members and attendees.
- Health and safety signage will be strategically placed on-site as friendly reminders.
If you are experiencing symptoms, have COVID-19 or think you may have been exposed, please stay home. We’ll transfer your registration to txEDCON22 TASA|TASB Convention, September 23–25, 2022 in San Antonio, TX.
The city of Dallas and the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas (KBHCCD) have gone to great measures to ensure a SAFE experience while in their city. Late last year, the convention center achieved the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation. GBAC's STAR™ Facility Program, created by the International Sanitary Supply Association (ISSA), has specific criteria that consider cleaning, disinfecting, and infectious disease prevention plans when approving accreditations.
The accreditation means that the KBHCCD implemented a plan, and continues to do so, to control risks associated with infectious agents such as COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2, Influenza, MRSA, and TB.
Additional measures for both the facility and food & beverage outlets that have been put in place include:
Cleaning and air filtration
- A MERV 13 filtration system is used in all air handlers throughout the KBHCC.
- UV light air purification has been installed in all passenger elevators.
- UV light escalator handrails have been installed for all escalators in the convention center.
- Outside air intake has been increased in all meeting rooms, ballrooms, and exhibit halls to increase the air mixture while maintaining suitable temperatures within spaces.
- Frequent touch points such as escalator rails, door handles, and elevator buttons are disinfected with EPA or NEA registered disinfectants.
- Bathrooms, carpets, and equipment are cleaned regularly.
- Employees have received training in the proper procedures to utilize each piece of cleaning and disinfectant equipment, including electrostatic sprayers and power washers.
Food and beverage areas
- 3-Ply surgical masks & gloves for all staff
- New, targeted cleaning solutions
- Expanded sanitizer stations
- Increased cleaning schedule
- Elevated training for all team members
- Employee wellness screening upon arrival
- Contactless payment
- Point-of-sale barriers
- Wrapped silverware
- Pre-packaged condiments
By attending txEDCON21 TASA | TASB Convention, you acknowledge there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public space where people gather. We encourage all attendees to follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance and all posted instructions while attending txEDCON21 TASA | TASB Convention to ensure the health and safety of our attendees, exhibitors, staff and service providers. In-person attendees must agree to the TASA | TASB COVID-19 Compliance and Waiver when registering for the event.
If you think there are any other measures that TASA | TASB management ought to be considering, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughtful suggestions.