TASA/TASB Convention: Call for Presentations 2017
Teaching the adult learner
We are seeking interactive sessions and ask you to think about the following questions. Preference will be given towards interactive sessions with 2-3 specific learning outcomes that are clearly related to the work of a school board and school administrators.
- What will attendees know and/or be able to do after attending your session?
- How will this session equip school board members and school administrators to lead their districts effectively?
- What will attendees be doing during the session (interactive discussion, learning activities, skill building exercises, etc).
Sessions focus on an array of topics and should be submitted under the following categories:
- Board-Superintendent Partnerships: Teamwork, collaboration, shared vision and alignment of governing and management toward the district vision.
- Community Engagement: Building partnerships and engaging community, parents, businesses, and governmental leaders in school improvement.
- Digital Integration/Technology Applications: Student engagement in digital learning, classroom applications, and learning management systems.
- Facilities and Design: Construction, facility and strategic planning, design, energy, and environmental issues.
- Governance and Oversight: General governance including: policy, finance/budgeting, operations, roles, vision, planning, etc.
- Instructional Programs and Assessment: Curriculum and instruction, specialized groups of students, HB 5, student assessment, evaluations of teachers and administrators.
- Leadership Development: Communication, skill building, values, equity, intentionality, self-development, etc.
- Legal: School law, employment law, contracts, etc.
- Legislative: Legislative updates and advocacy in state-level legislation.
- Transformational Leadership: School transformation initiatives focused on digital integration, high priority learning standards, authentic assessments, and community-based accountability.
Submission of an application does not guarantee selection. Notification of acceptance/rejection of applications will be e-mailed to the main presenter by Monday, June 5, 2017.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee of TASA/TASB representatives. No more than two applications will be selected per district or school law firm. For School Law presentations, preference will be given to presenters who are members of the TASB Council of School Attorneys (CSA).
If selected, presenters must register to attend the TASA/TASB Convention.
Questions should be directed to Paul Whitton Jr., TASA, at PWhitton@TASAnet.org or 512.477.6361.