Session programming varies in style, duration, and audience participation. New this year, we have a variety of different concurrent session formats, topics, and lengh of times.
View the entire program schedule.
1-Hour session formats
- Open Discussion: Moderator-facilitated, in-depth conversation with participants serving as key contributors around a specific issue or topic concerning education.
- Panel: Moderator-led discussion with experts in the field with opportunity for audience Q&A.
- Playground: Informal session that facilitates hands-on, interactive, and creative learning technique.
- Presentation: Formal presentation designed to inform the audience about a specific issue or topic and demonstrate key components of a particular education approach.
- Quick Talks: Four short presentations by different speakers during a one-hour time slot. Speakers must make their point clearly and succinctly within 10 minutes. The audience will leave with a quick summary of a broader array of knowledge!
- Workshop: Interactive opportunity for audience members to participate directly in the learning and glean resources/approaches to take back to their district or campus.
30-minute session formats
- Extra Credit: Industry experts present on the most current educational technologies and learning spaces to enhance student performance.
- Future Leader: A student presentation offering insights from his or her experiences in Texas public schools.
- Learning Lounge: Join colleagues for a cup of coffee and experience bite-sized sessions focusing on advocacy and community engagement.
- Public Education Highlight: Short presentation featuring innovative programs by Texas school districts and schools.
- Sandbox: Bite-sized informal session that facilitates hands-on, interactive, and creative learning techniques.
- Arts and Culture
- Assessment and Accountability
- Board/Superintendent Partnerships
- Business and Industry Relationships
- College and Career Readiness
- Community Engagement
- Digital Learning and Technology Integration
- District Culture
- District Operations/Finance
- Equity and Social Justice
- Facility Planning/Design/Learning Environment
- Governance & Oversight
- Higher Education Partnerships
- Leadership Development and Mentoring
- Legislative and Education Policy
- Public Education Advocacy
- Research and Science of Learning
- School Transformation
- Student Safety
- Student Support Services and Vulnerable Populations
- Teacher Retention and Human Resources
- Work/Life Balance
We’re working to create the optimum program to meet the needs of school board members, superintendents, and other district leaders for this year’s Convention and we need YOUR help!
What Keeps You up at Night?
#tasatasb or email@example.com